Friday, June 26, 2009

Vacation

So I'm here in the Holiday Inn in Valdosta, GA, and I think I scared the living poop out of the poor girl up at the front desk.

See, we arrived late after visiting my dad in the hospital this afternoon. It was after 1 am when I checked in. The nice lady, who looks to be in her mid-twenties, asked me for my ID and credit card. Meanwhile, she wanted my initials and signature on the rental agreement.

I absentmindedly gave her the ID and credit card, whilst focused on signing my name on the other sheet of paper. I hear her say: "Okayyyy," in a somewhat hesitant voice.

I look up to see the poor girl with a look on her face that I would expect if when had just accidentally swallowed a bug. She quickly wiped the look off her face and stared at my ID and credit card as she handed them back. I looked at them, too, to make sure I got both cards back.

Then I realized my mistake.

I had handed this poor girl my Tennessee Handgun Carry Permit, not my driver's license. Sure, it was a valid ID, but I think that surprised her. OK, I don't think... I know it surprised her.

I apologized for not handing her an ID she would be familiar with, and offered my driver's license, but she declined. Instead, she quietly offered me my room keys and quickly made off to find some other tasks that needed doing.

Saddest part - my Glock was still in the jeep at the time, not on my hip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.