Wednesday, September 12, 2018

DM Evaluation

Recently,  the Rifleman came across this  set of Rifle and Pistol quals. Naturally,  this piqued my interest,  so I decided to try them out.  If you've read this blog, you saw where I passed the rifle and pistol portions with flying colors.  But, what about the Designated Marksman qualification? 

The course:
200 yards
Target = 8.5x11" paper.
10 out of 10 shots on paper
2 minute time limit. 


Here goes!
Since the range I visited did not have a proper 200 yard range, I improvised.  The location I shot from was over 250 yards away, so I don't think anyone will mind if I actually performed the task in a more difficult manner. 


The 250+ yard range.  Don't worry - the car was moved before the Rifleman took a shot. 


I also decided to take the evaluation with my Aimpoint.  No magnification.  No scopes.  Just me and my red dot.  The results?


Well under 2 minites...  and all 10 shots on paper!!



But, I do have an ACOG. And it is designed for just this sort of challenge...


22 seconds to put together this group.  From a magazine support.  With no bipod or other assistance. 

So, again, passed with flying colors. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.