Service Review - Hub City Outdoors

Patriot Training has a Small Unit tactics class for advanced rifle studies. This class is by invite only and does have mandatory prerequisite work. The class has been meeting for nearly a year, and the participants are getting quite skilled. A large part of the class is performance of small unit tactics in field conditions (as best as can be safely simulated). Participants wear uniforms that correspond to the needs of the missions each month. 

This author prefers uniforms in "God's Plaid" (M81 Woodland) or Vietnam Tiger Stripe. What can I say? I'm old school. However, the old BDU style jackets have a glaring problem - the pocket arrangement is suboptimal. To be fair, I run belt kit (Battle Belts or LBE) almost exclusively these days, but the purpose of pockets is to store needed items. Not being able to get to the pockets means they are useless. 

The secondary problem - although I prefer the ACU cut and pocket arrangements, the ACU style jackets have two glaring problems:
1. I do not like the zippers. 
2. Tiger Stripe in an ACU style is virtually impossible to find. 

Earlier in the year, I discovered the concept of a "Raid Mod" modification of an old school BDU jacket. After research, I also discovered the company, Hub City Outdoors, who will perform a raid mod on a jacket. They also have many other quality offerings. So, I purchased a tiger stripe BDU jacket and sent it in. The workmanship of the alterations did not disappoint!

I highly recommend the services of Hub City Outdoors. Please be mindful - the service is not an overnight one. It was approximately a month between the time I shipped my jacket off, and the time it was sent back to me. Good things come to those who wait!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bright Light!

Do not Get your Ham License.

The Breed of Peace