Monday, November 6, 2017

Shopping Rage

From Twitter:

Do you ever get Road Rage walking behind people at the grocery store?🤔
- @Conservative_VW

All. The. Time.
- @LeftyRightViews

I don't know anyone who hasn't.  As a Sigma, it's not rage, it's more of a "Road Annoyance." So, some time back, I analyzed some observed behaviors, and actions to counter them. The three greatest annoyances observed were:

1. Pulling out into an aisle without looking.

2. Going super slow right in the middle of the pathway.

3. Generally being right in the way. 

Of course, there are plenty of fat ladies in motorized chairs, but Pops has the in on that market. 

Today's post shall detail my actions against what I perceive is the most annoying trait - pulling out into aisles without looking.  Usually it's women barging through.  Men tend to look first. 

For clarity, there are main aisles and side aisles. Common courtesy dictates that if you plan to leave one aisle for another, one ought look first to make sure the coast is clear. Many people fail to do this. 

Some time back, I took measure of the possible solutions, and decided on one.  I shall continue to walk straight - not stopping for these rude women who barge out. If their shopping cart hits me, then so be it.  If it is a solid hit, I possess the reaction time to actually jump in the floor - much like taking a "bump" in wrestling.

So far, I've been hit 18 times. These all occurred within 5 shopping visits - yes, if I got hit once, I was likely to get hit again! Most within Wal Mart locations throughout the state.  I've hit the deck three times. 

Each time I hit the deck, I got an " I'm so sorry, I didn't see you there!" response.

My reply has been the same: "it does help if you actually look first before barging through!"

Of the times I did not go crashing to the floor, my response was either "Pardon you!" Or "watch it!" About the same number of mortified looks as dirty looks, regardless of my reply. 

One individual did tray to make it seem like my fault.  A quick "Hey, you hit me with your cart! Now, we can go see the manager right now and get the video so I can sue you," put that FBAP back on track with some semblance of sanity. 

All in all, it's quite humorous. I never get much more than a bruise, if that.  And the looks are gold. If anybody would like to tag along, you're welcome to be my guest.  I'd suggest you stand 15 feet back and film it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.