Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Somewhat Problematic


 
Found on social media, this meme provides some opportunity to logically evaluate some critical thinking errors. 

"I will never sit with my back to the door."
Show me one mass shooter incident where the first victim targeted was facing away. 

"I will never leave home without my weapon."
Even thinking of a gun as a weapon is problematic. I am the weapon, the gun is simply one of my tools. 

"I will never quit watching out for you..." 
This is the most common misconception in law enforcement - that they do what they do to protect. Nothing could be further from the truth, and police have no duty to protect

"I am always watching, scanning, making sure, that everyone, everywhere I go, is safe."
See previous. The scanning is to look for possible problems. Not safety. There is a difference. 

"I am always ready to act on your behalf, whether I know you or not." 
One word: Uvalade.

"I might be retired, but my oath has no expiration date." 
Why didn't you uphold your oath when you were active? 

"I will always back any good law enforcement officer in any way I can."
This is literally frightening... you think they are all good. And there simply is no proof of that assertion. 

"It was never just a job - it was a calling." 
Well, that is the icing... those are the words of a cultist. Please see the dangers. 


Thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. I'm not impressed with this. I do know a couple of retired cops for whom I have respect, and none of them would post this cringy thing. This is a guy still trying to feel important for the wrong reasons.

    Re cops in general- there are some for whom it is a calling, but I don't think there are that many of them now. I have greater respect in general for military members (at least they have to keep up some minimal PT and body fat percentages, unlike the cops) and I think it's just as wrong to idolize everyone in the .mil just because they're in the service (and I did 8 years, if it matters). Same reasons- it's a calling to some but not all, and the .mil as an institution has squandered most of it's respect and credibility for similar reasons and under similar circumstances that law enforcement has.

    Tom from East Tennessee

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.