Thursday, August 18, 2022

How to Win

As a follow up to this post, recently, I saw a friend suggestion on Facebook - it was Joe Padilla's unsuccessful opponent in the school board election. Since we have no mutual friends, and since I had not looked up her profile, it is reasonable to assume that the Facebook algorithm suggested her because she had been looking at my profile. Unlike some, I do not care if someone looks up my profile - I keep private the things that people do not need to know, and make public things that do not matter. The question remains - why look up my profile?

Logic would dictate that since I was one of a few people who would fight back against "The Gang™"

 of Leftist Wine Moms, the most vocal online proponents of Padilla's opponent, that an insight as to what motivates me and those like me would be wise to learn. Emotion would dictate that the losing party would hate me and those like me and would look at my profile in order to gain ammo; to that end, see the second-to-last sentence in the first paragraph. 

In the event that this person, and those who would follow in her footsteps want to learn (not likely, IMO), here are a few things that could have been done by that campaign to win in Wilson County, TN:

1. If you were truly conservative, the most important thing you could have done would have been to distance yourself from The Gang™ and their ilk. That is a toxic group and their influence cost you way more votes than they won you in this election. 

2. If you were truly conservative, release your voting records to show that you are. A failure to do so simply proved what we all knew - you were not conservative. If you have to excuse a vote for Hillary or Biden as a "vote for the 'better' candidate," then you are not conservative and you know it. 

3. If you were truly conservative, then come out early in your campaign against mask mandates, CRT, and similar evils. Reassure the voters that they will have no place in schools while you are on the board. Don't give the simple platitudes that leave voters worried you'll vote with evil... unless, of course, you intend to vote for evil. 

1 comment:

  1. It seems that lately, I have been getting more and more FB friend suggestions. The one that I got was one that I expected. I posted something, and a few friends checked like. Along with some chick who looked hot, that I had never heard of. Then, she checked like on a couple of other things that I posted, over the next day or so.
    By day 3, I had her as a FB friend suggestion. Just for fun, I looked at her profile. May wonders never cease, she had just joined FB the day that she checked like on my first post, had no posts of her own, no friends, save one, a man that I knew who chased any hot chick for what reason I don't know. The only picture she had was that initial one of her, or at least the picture that this person had down loaded, and that was it.
    Of course, I did not take the bait, but for some reason the suggestions are becoming more and more out of the woodwork, and the out and out friend requests are getting annoying as well. I make it a point to really be careful about who I accept as a friend, and would rather turn down someone that I hardly know, even if it pisses them off, instead of possibly exposing myself to hackers. They have gotten so sophisticated now that the average person like me doesn't really stand a chance, once I open the door for them.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.