Tuesday, February 1, 2022

No Money? No Car For You!

 A reader wrote in with a series of questions, the answers to which would make for interesting blog fodder. Apparently, the reader came across these questions by viewing Facebook and YouTube short videos, wherein a narrator reads these questions and the answers as posted on Reddit. Reddit can certainly be entertaining. 

Q - What was your best "you are speaking to the manager" moment?

For this entry, a moment from some time back. I was a manager for Hertz, Local Edition. On a particular day, I came to work in a t-shirt and blue jeans. We had a large number of vehicles returned, and although we would rent them over the next few days, they needed cleaning first. I was going to clean them and have the Management Trainees rent them. 

At one point, in the afternoon, I had cleaned all of the cars, and was resting inside the branch. A customer came in, and, as luck would have it, I was the only employee available. I apologized for my appearance, and went to work assisting her with the rental. Her card declined. She asked if there was another way to pay, and I explained the cash qualification process. She clearly did not have the cash for the rental... and now it somehow became my problem. She complained. I was empathetic, but if she had no funds, then renting a car was not going to happen. 

So, she asked to speak to a manager. 

I grabbed my magnetic name tag off of the counter, turned around and put it on, turned back to face her, and with a shit-eating grin asked "Hi, how may I help you?" 

The look on her face was priceless. 

She left. 

1 comment:

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.