Monday, January 10, 2022

Learn To Be

This was observed on social media. An ad designed to show people how to become firearms instructors. The business was offering a free webinar to introduce the basics. A specific comment caught my eye. 

Before addressing the comment, you must understand, there is a lot that goes into being a firearms instructor. One must have an online presence - social media and a website. One must have a place to hold classes. One must have insurance in place. One must have certifications in place. One must be able to accept payments from prospective students. One must have a class structure, outline, and syllabus. One must have advertising to reach prospective students. There are a myriad of things that a firearms instructor must have and do before the first shot is fired. 

Knowing that...

A person commented on this ad something to the effect of "I'm a 20-year Marine. I'm certified on this platform and that. I scored 'Expert' on Rifle marksmanship 5 years. Blah, blah, blah." All USMC and related material. And he wrapped up by saying "what are you going to teach me about being a firearms instructor???" (yes, he had the three question marks)

I'm thinking: "OK, you have your yellow belt in karate and just asked what this guy can teach you about being a karate instructor."

The owner of the business chimes in and says "nothing. You already know everything." (followed by a trail of laughing emojis). 

BURN!
And rightly so!

For my readers - and I'm thankful for all of you - I hope you find this as entertaining as the ones I get. 

2 comments:

  1. Always wondered how someone could claim to be something that they had never done???

    ReplyDelete
  2. "A horse that can count to ten is a remarkable horse -- not a remarkable mathematician."
    -- Samuel Johnson

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.