Thursday, September 13, 2018

Passing The Test

The rifleman's mom was a major league shit-tester. Me thinks this is why The Rifleman is so good at passing shit-tests. Lots of practice growing up.  What is a shit-test? 

One of the more major ones I remember from growing up... my mother scheduled a birthday party for my sister on my birthday.  Yes, you read that correctly. Our birthdays were a month apart.

As my mother requested I attend, I did show up.  Stayed a minute, had some cake and an unfortunate allergic reaction to something in the air, then left early. 

Later, I overheard my mom on the phone with a friend. She admitted she knew what she was doing planning that party.  She told her friend that I cried in the corner.  Kinda reminds me of how #FakeNews treats Trump these days... gets the story completely wrong on purpose. 

Of course, she asked me if I wanted her to plan a party for me. My reply? "Yes! Let's invite all my friends, and schedule it for my sister's birthday, and I'll pretend I'm 5 again!" <<end sarcasm>>

That's agree and amplify.  I didn't know the name of it when I was in my teens, I just knew it worked.  Like a charm. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.