Friday, April 13, 2018

Racial Burn

From social media:
50 years ago our greatest citizen was murdered while fighting against the white supremacist ideals of our Founding Fathers (and, Abraham Lincoln). For, they too, had a dream. White supremacy wasn't a scientific or theological dictum, but a clever choice made by clever people to hide their great sin. King died fighting to make this nation what it had never intended to become. He was unfavored and forsaken, yet he's been reframed and recast. Many within our nation have essentially lynched his legacy and rested his severed head upon the lie of American moral inevitability.

Our sense of national exceptionalism (or, supremacy) blinds us to seeing the nature of what ails us. Thus, making the collective, creative capacity of our nation inoperable. It's not too late to set aside the lies of old (and, anew) to fight to heal what has long since been broken. "When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me."



Reply from one of this person's friends:
I just think this is hilarious.
You are one of the whitest black people out there. You went to a private school, grew up in a white middle class neighborhood, and have had every opportunity any white middle class person has.

Oh wait... maybe that's what you have a problem with: not as many handouts and freebies.
Lmao


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.