Sunday, February 24, 2013

Easily amused

I am easily amused. For one, I find odd people to be strangely fascinating to watch... for me it is similar to watching animal behavior on a nature-based TV show, or maybe even a silly animal clip from AFV. Indeed, some people are so insistent on being as strange as possible, that it is actually very humorous to me.

Couple of years ago, I was teaching a Sunday School class. Among the verses covered was Romans 8:28-30. I took the opportunity to state that although many people who want to believe in predestination will point to this passage, it is an exercise in futility as the passage clearly talks about God's predestination of what (namely that Christians would be made righteous and glorified through Christ), and not whom is predestined for salvation (a concept never mentioned in the Bible).

One of the people in class, who was visiting with his wife, stated that wasn't true, and further stated that was not what the verse said. I let him have his say, and then I continued with the lesson using the published material.

Thanks in part to his liberal views on the topic, I decided to make a blog post about predestination as a whole. Of course, as would be true with a person who needs to twist scripture to actually believe in predestination of the individual, he twisted my words to take personal offense. They always take it personally, because it's always about them.

He called me out of class the next Sunday and directly verbally assaulted me in the hallway. For a moment, I thought I might have to defend myself physically. lol at that thought (400-pound guy vs. taller 245-pound-at the time multiple black belt). He told me never to mention him online again. Of course, I mentioned in a comment on the blog post that I had walked in those same prideful shoes, and wished him well.

That didn't go over so very well:




Dude called me nine times on my personal phone while I was in a visit with a client.





When I got out of my meeting and returned his call, he got very angry at me "spreading dirt about him all over the internet." He threatened me, directly and indirectly. I guess it is easier and more comforting to level threats from the safety of a phone, as opposed to a church hallway where others might see you get your butt handed to you.

What is funny about all this, is later, the same guy tweets and blogs that he was the one who was attacked by me - during the Sunday School class conversation and via this blog.

Again, with having to twist things to fit one's agenda.

The projection was strong with this one. He would actually give SILlie a run for her money. Actually, I'd like to observe them from a room at the same time to see who could project more.


To tie it all together
So the guy has to twist reality to have a feud with me.
He also has to twist the scriptures to get his doctrine.
Now, he levels "counter-attacks" - all based on falsehoods.

That is one worth laughing about. I know I am laughing. It's flippin funny!


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.