Monday, December 10, 2012

Ammo and fire

Have you ever wondered what would happen if there was a fire and ammunition was in its path?

The folks at SAAMI did a battery of tests on ammunition in fires. They also crushed ammo, and dropped it. The point was to examine how dangerous ammunition can be when not chambered in a firearm.

Link to video - it is about 25 minutes long.

Conclusion: ammo is not very dangerous unless contained within a firearm. Also, it is very difficult to get ammo to ignite accidentally.


.

2 comments:

  1. I really like your blog... very nice colors & theme. Did you make this website yourself or did you hire someone to do it for you?

    That video was very interesting. Where do you find this stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading. I do this blog all by myself. Blogger provides plenty of templates.

    I find things from all over: various gun forums, other blogs, news outlets, etc. That's actually why I blog: so that my friends do not have to scour the net to find these things.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.