Friday, October 19, 2012

Election 2012

I early voted today. 45-minute line in the early afternoon. Pops tells me it was the same where he voted... but since he has a legitimate physical handicap, they moved him to the front of the line.

Here's how I voted, in order of how they appeared on my ballot (as best as I can remember):

Gary Johnson, President. (Libertarian Party)
Mark Clayton, US Senate. (D)
Diane Black, US Congress. (R)
Susan Lynn, State Representative. (R)
Ed Hagerty, Mayor. (R)
For allowing retailers to sell liquor.
For a referendum giving Mt. Juliet residents a recall process.


Some notes:
First time I've ever pushed the button for a D in the main election. Mark Clayton is far more conservative than Bob Corker. He is a TEA-Party guy who infiltrated the Democrat primary and won.

I voted for Ed Hagerty for mayor, but would be about equally happy with his main opponent, Jim Bradshaw. Both men have served Mt. Juliet for several years. Both voted to allow HCP holders to carry in parks here. Both voted against red-light cameras.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.