Tuesday, April 17, 2012

One thing about the weird

You can just never change them from being weird. In a way, weirdness is fascinating - like just having to look at the car wreck as you pass by.

For clarity, I am not referencing folks with idiosyncrasies or eclecticisms. We all have those... it's what makes us ourselves. No, I'm talking about things that defy logic and reason. 

I blog about things weird. It is enjoyable, and it puts these things out there for all the world to see. Because, way down deep, weird folks know they are a bit off-kilter. Mind you, I blog about many things that are not exactly weird, also. But that's not the point of this post.

From my "About" page:
"I find fascinating those things illogical (particularly liberals). Therefore, I really like to blog about things that don't make sense.
Here's a broad warning: if I come across you, and you do or say some weird stuff, expect to see a blog post about it."

I understand that some people really don't like being called onto the carpet. I understand that some people take offense to the whole concept. Way down deep - these people know they are odd. Usually, they go out of their way to try to be strange. Most often, they enjoy the attention they get from being so different. 

But, try as you might, you can never change a weird person. In my younger days, I tried. I tried every tactic known to man: simple polite requests, direct confrontation, you name it.  Then one day, I realized the truth:

Weird people seek the attention they get from being weird. 

They bring no additional value to life - their lives, or the lives of family or (what few) friends. They often hate themselves, as evidenced by their innate desire to promote themselves. So they make the ongoing choice to be strange. To stop doing that, and pursue some worthwhile cause would be to remove what little misguided self-identity they have... in their minds.

You would think they would like blogs like this - since it brings attention to their weirdness. 

But that's the kicker, they don't like blogs like this. They are like cockroaches. The light scares them away. Places like this expose them for the frauds and detriments to society that they are. That's not the attention they want. They want society to give to their wishes, to coddle them. Not to make them adhere to rules and principles that are mutually beneficial.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.