Monday, April 30, 2012

Don't go here

New label: posted establishments. These are businesses that foolishly post against the carry of handguns by permit holders. Tennessee is one of only three states (TX, OH) that foolishly allows a sign like this to carry the weight of the law and provides for a criminal offense for a certain class of people (carry permit holders).

For my first entry: Joann's in Mount Juliet, TN.
I have found that this is a corporate policy.
I suggest my readers find other places with whom to do business. 

So, let me go on record: Joann's does not want law-abiding citizens to be able to defend themselves, yet is perfectly fine with criminals carrying guns in their place of business.


*

4 comments:

  1. Likewise the movie theater over there in Providence. It's posted, but the posting is hard to find. (Or was last time I tried to watch a movie there.)
    If you call them they will confirm that they are posted.
    Remember folks, it's not just a sign, THEY DON'T WANT YOUR KIND AROUND.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, anon, for reading.

    You are right, Regal Cinemas has a corporate policy of posting. Of course the way they do it does not likely have the legal implications because it is not "plainly visible" as TN law requires... but it is still clear they do not want our kind there.

    Dunno why, though. "My kind" has disposable income. You have to if you buy guns! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must have chose the wrong option when I posted about the theater, for it left my name off the comment.
      I'm a long-time reader, and live in Hermitage.
      We probably have some common friends, if you know a Russian with a camera, or a crazy red headed guy that used to teach martial arts and studied Wado...

      Delete
    2. Luke,

      Again, thanks for reading.

      As for the Russian with a camera, although I do not know Mr. Volk personally, I am a fan of his work and we are friends on Facebook.

      I do not know a crazy red headed guy that used to teach M.A. and studied Wado... I learned Wado in Chattanooga, not around here. Sorry. :)

      Delete

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.