Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Breast feeding then and now

Sorry - just looking for a legit way to get the word "breast" into my title. This post is about breasts, but not like you think. For the record (and this is important to understand this post), I am a fan of the female breast. Have been for in excess of 25 years.

One other thing you need to know / remember: my sister-in-law, "Silie," still breast-feeds her son. He is 4 as of this post. I've blogged about it.

At a gathering thrown by a friend recently, celebrating her victories, I was in a small group talking to my friend's mother ("Mrs. T" for this post), and my friend's sister ("Meemee" for this post). To be sure, Mrs. T and Meemee are as fine of people as you are ever likely to meet, and I am honored to call them friends, as well.

Mrs. Usagi and I are explaining that Silie still breast-feeds. This drew quite a reaction, as you might expect. Mrs. Usagi goes on to demonstrate how my nephew plays with Silie's other side whilst nursing. Think this.

Yeah... it's that bad.

Mrs Usagi: "So nephew does this while nursing"
>>> makes sucking motion with mouth and twisting motion with right hand <<<

Meemee: "No way!"

Me: "Now in all fairness, I've been known to do the same."
>>> nudges Mrs. Usagi <<<

Mrs. T: >>> Spews beer out of her mouth. <<<

Meemee: "But you're a grown-assed man! You're supposed to do that!"

Mrs. T: >>> Spews beer out of her nose. <<<


<

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.