Friday, November 12, 2010

Banning Phone Books

On the Huckabee Report this morning, it was discussed that some areas are looking at legislation to ban phone books.

The idea is that people really don't use the phone book any more. Most people google the number. And those too old to google the number, likely cannot read the small print of a phone book, according to Huckabee.

In concept, I agree with this thinking. This is one of the few times I will agree with the environmental argument on this issue. This blogger started this organization, and they make some good points.

In principle, I disagree with the ban, as there is no need to legislate this - let the market decide. I know I take phone books and use them for two important things:

A) Booster seating for my daughter (who will be 3 on Sunday).
B) Shooting targets

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.