Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Open Carry 2

We are month since I open-carried at Red Robin. I got the urge to once more try to open carry. Again, I just wanted to judge people's reactions. So, with the wife in tow, and fully aware of my intentions, off we went to do some errands.

First stop - Wal-Mart. There were perhaps 300-500 people in the whole of the store. It just so happened that the merchandise I needed to purchase was located all over. So we went all over, picking things up here and there.

I actually paid for the merchandise at the guns & ammo counter. They had a pretty good price on a box of 550 rounds of .22 LR. The clerk at the counter made some small talk of being raised around guns immediately after looking at my hip.

Other than that, NOBODY noticed. It was actually almost disappointing. But I came to the following conclusion:
Those that would care that I am open-carrying a firearm rarely notice.
Those that would notice the firearm rarely care enough to make a scene.

I will report back with more information, once gathered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.