Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Shooting Reflections 2

I mentioned about the gentleman with whom I shared range time. Next part of the story is this: I (naturally) let him shoot my AR15. He was impressively accurate with it - both with the ACOG and the irons. I'd estimate his effective range to be about 300 yards with the scope. Maybe 200 with irons.

We also talked a bit... turns out, we share quite a bit of common ground politically and socially. We exchanged information, and he got to Facebook sooner than I and added me as a friend.

I say all this to point out - this is the "gun culture" - regular people who are busy with the regular day-to-day stuff. We are typically really nice people. We are typically better informed than the general public about things political. We are typically pragmatic people. We typically know pretty quick when we meet another of "our own."

He sent a message that evening which portrays all these things: "I very much enjoyed talking with you today...And thank you again for the opportunity to shoot such a fine gun."

And our President would call men like this "terrorists" or "threats to national security."


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.