Monday, November 11, 2013

Shooting reflections 1

A while back, I went to the range (I know - big shock! hahaha). While there, I was zeroing a scope on my Marlin 795. Got it dialed in pretty good, and up came another shooter. This particular range had only one lane. So he stayed in his truck and patiently waited for me to finish. As I was packing up the 795 and preparing to move to the AR15, he spoke to me with old-fashioned politeness.

I offered to let him shoot before I blasted away with my AR15 as I was in no hurry. Found out, he wasn't in a hurry, either. He shot a S&W Sigma chambered in 9mm.

He shot well.

Most shooters are either all over the target, or drill fairly precise groups (like my wife and I do). This gentleman was completely in between. He kept all shots in the 8-ring of a pistol target at 20 feet - far better than 90% of the shooters I see.

But I could tell he had never taken formal training. Yes, there is a huge difference. Still, this fellow shot well and should be commended. At one point, he put all 15 rounds from his magazine into an 8" square from about 15 feet. Didn't miss once. I was impressed.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.