Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Rifleman's Challenge

A few weeks ago, I learned of something called the Rifleman's Challenge. In short, you print off a target (free to download at the website) and set it up at a distance of 25 yards. Fire 10 rounds in 60 seconds at the target and check your results. For the brave, you can share your results on the Facebook page.

Since this resembles a challenge, I took it!


First, I warmed up with my Marlin 795.
After a couple of good 10-round strings, I shot the challenge target:




Next, I pulled out my AR15. This was my first attempt, after verifying my point of impact:




Summary:
Take the challenge! If you cannot score 80% or higher on your own without a rest, then you might consider attending a High Power clinic or an Appleseed shoot. Also, I'll teach you, free of charge, to do this within a single 4-hour afternoon.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.