Monday, January 21, 2013

Patriotic Duty

This past weekend, my family and I participated in the Guns Across America demonstration for Second Amendment rights. The Tennessean reported there were 500 participants. As is often the case, that amount is tremendously understated. There were 750 original signatures on a petition that was being signed at the event, and not everybody signed the petition. More accurate counts estimated well over 1000 participants.

Of course, I was carrying legally, as was my wife. At one point a speaker asked a show of hands asking how many people had handgun carry permits. A few hands did not go up (mostly children). 

Here is their Facebook page for the Tennessee demonstrations. It has a link to the national movement's Facebook page, as well as many pictures of the events. Here are a few of the pictures I took:


Really cool fountain at Legislative Plaza



This was toward the end, only about 500 remained at this point.


My kids found a neat hiding spot.


Some kids hold up Gadsden Flags:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.